Demographic Registry Procedure for Legal Ceremonies
1. Bring original lab tests for Syphilis, Chlamydia and Gonorrhea. Tests must be taken within 14 days prior to the ceremony.
2. Couple must go to the Demographic Registry Office to pick up Marriage License document.
3. Couple must go to a Doctor’s office (within 10 days of the ceremony) where the results of the Lab tests will be certified on the Marriage License document.
4. Couple goes back to the Demographic Registry Office where they will present the Lab results, Marriage License document already signed by doctor, photo ID, pay the Government Fee, show birth certificates (divorced couples must also present previous divorce court papers). For Bride: If previous divorce was within the past 12 month an official pregnancy test result must be provided.
5. After documents are certified and stamped by government official, couple will receive a Marriage Certificate document for wedding officiant to fill out.
6. Provide the minister with the marriage License and the Marriage Certificate. Once the wedding ceremony is over and the documents signed, the minister registers the marriage.
7. Couple can apply for the Marriage Act by mail about one month after the ceremony.
If you feel the whole process is a little confusing please consider our Full Document Race Package. This package will help you do everything easier. The package ($595.00 in the Metro Area) includes the private car and driver (staff), doctor certification fee, government fee, mailing of the Marriage Act, plus the wedding officiant honorarium.